Institute of Personnel Banking Selection conducts exam for Bank Probationary Officer almost every year and recruit thousand of candidates. So you have also a fair chance to have a reputed job in Bank. This job has a handsome salary and a reputation in society. So a little hard work, make you a established person in society.
First thing what you have to do is apply for the post of probationary officer carefully because may be this time you have a job.
What is more important to get a Probationary Officer Job or any other job i.e. a complete research about syllabus, number of vacancies, exam pattern, and score pattern. These are the basic and fundamental things, before preparing for any examination.
Read the notification of P.O Vacancies Carefully, note down the important dates related with exam.
Read all the instructing given in notification for candidates. Very first thing, which is important, filling the examination form or registration. And before filling the form, preparation is necessary. As all we know that Institute of Personnel Banking Selection take only online registration. So before registration take all the documents, certificate required while filling examination form.
Scan your recent passport size photograph and signature because you have to upload your photograph and signature as per instruction given by the IBPS. There are some specific criteria assign for uploading Photo & Signature which you must follow because without uploading the same you won’t be able to finish you registration.
After completion of form, candidate needs to upload Photo & Signature. There are some specifications, you need to follow instruction given below:
- Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred) –
- Size of file should be between 20kb–50 kb – Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50kb.
Scan Signature Image
- Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred) –
- Size of file should be between 10kb – 20kb – Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20kb.
- Signature should not be in CAPITAL LETTERS.
Once you filled the examination form, now its time to get ready to research about all the dimension of the examination, read several things which are necessary for you preparation.
As we all know that IBPS conduct Online examination. So we all should have a basic knowledge of computer. There is a software, designed for exam. And all have to give exam in this software. It is very user friendly software. But we all should have to go through it before examination, IBPS published instruction regarding software, all we need to read out these instruction, so that we could be aware about this software before going into examination hall.
Examination Patterns (Structure)
There are two phases of Examination of IBPS PO. One is preliminary Exam and second is Main Exam. Pre Exam consists of 100 Marks and time is 1 hour. Those candidates who will qualify the pre examination will be called for main exam.
Main Exam consists of 200 marks and time is 140 minutes. One thing which is pertinent to mention here that is, Each section has a specific time. You have to complete you section in a given time period. There are five section in main exam.
For each wrong answer penalty is .25 marks. So be careful while giving answer. If you are now sure for the question just leave it.
Number System Pattern:-
IBPS Exam contains following section. Each section has its own importance. To obtains good marks and to be in final merit you should have a complete knowledge of syllabus of each section. So that you could prepare well. For which section at which part you have to work. you can plan and strategy only when you a complete information about the syllabus.
- Numeric Ability/Quantitative aptitude
- General Awareness
- Computer knowledge
- Preparation for English Section: – English is one of the scoring subjects which can allow you to be in a final merit. Because you don’t need to do something special for English. So far what you have learned in school, college as an English subject is sufficient. The more you can do is read English newspaper daily which will help to build a strong vocabulary and side by side you will be aware with current affair which will help you in GS/GK Section. English section contains unseen passages, antonyms & synonymous, one word substitution, verb, modal, spelling check , jumbles sentences etc.
|English Topics||MARKS Weightage (Expected)|
|READING COMPREHENSION 10||10|
|CLOZE TEST 10||10|
|TIME & DISTANCE||2|
- Preparation for Numeric Ability:- Math is a subject in which you can score full. The best thing about math is that you will get information whether you have answer correct or wrong after calculation. One important thing which you have to remember that math comes with practice the more you practice the more you will reduce time in calculation with accuracy. NUMBER SYSTEMS, RATIO & PROPORTION, PERCENTAGE & AVERAGES, PROFIT & LOSS, TIME & DISTANCE, SIMPLE INTEREST & COMPOUND INTEREST, MENSURATION – CYLINDER, CONE, SPHERE, percentage, SURDS & INDICES etc.
|Math Topics||MARKS Weightage (Expected)|
|RATIO & PROPORTION, PERCENTAGE & AVERAGES||3|
|PROFIT & LOSS||2|
|MIXTURES & ALLIGATIONS||1|
|SIMPLE INTEREST & COMPOUND INTEREST &||1|
|SURDS & INDICES|
|TIME & DISTANCE||2|
|MENSURATION – CYLINDER, CONE, SPHERE||1|
|SEQUENCE & SERIES||5|
|PERMUTATION COMBINATION & PROBABILITY||5|
- Preparation for Reasoning:- Reasoning is a subject which comes with practice its all about your logics and common sense. The more you will indulge in it, the more you think about it the more you will accurate and fast. This is a scoring subject. In examination you have been asked from the different section i.e.SITTING ARRANGEMENT, number Series, alphabet Series , Coding decoding, Syllogism, blood relation, tabulation, CODED INEQUALITIES, figures.
|Reasoning Topics||MARKS Weightage (Expected)|
|NON VERBAL REASONING||7|
- General awareness:- In this section most of the question have been asked from banking sector, and current affair. The best way to prepare this subject is read the newspaper daily and listen news. The area of this subject is vide but read constantly regularly will help you to build a strong knowledge bank.
- Computer Knowledge:- In todays world you cant expect work without computer in banking sector. Computer is the basic need of Bank. because everything is managed accurately and quickly by computer. so it is mandatory to be a bank employee that you should have a basic knowledge of computer. in this section you have been ask about basic of computer, like calculation, excel, ms world letter writing etc. Database (introduction), Networking (LAN, WAN), Internet (Concept, History, working environment, Application), Security Tools, Virus, Hacker.
|1||History of Computers|
|5||Communication (Basic Introduction)|
|6||Networking (LAN, WAN)|
|7||Internet (Concept, History, working environment, Application)|
|8||Security Tools, Virus, Hacker|
|9||MS Windows & MS Office|
Those Candidates will qualify the pre and main Exam will be called for Interview to be conducted by the Participating Organisations and coordinated by the Nodal Bank in each State/ UT with the help of IBPS. Interviews will be held in different centers and the same may be informed to the candidates through call letters.
The total marks allotted for Interview are 100. The minimum qualifying marks in interview will not be less than 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates).
The weightage (ratio) of CWE (Main exam) and interview will be 80:20 respectively. The combined final score of candidates shall be arrived at on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination of CWE PO/MT-VI and Interview.
While appearing for the Interview, the candidate should produce valid prescribed documents have been mentioned in the advertisement.