SBI PO Mains Preparation Strategy And Tips
the competition will be going to be tough. The preparation strategy is essential for qualifying this exam.
How to Crack SBI PO Mains Exam :
Do you know SBI PO Prelims Exam is Qualifying exam in Nature. It means, the score of your SBI PO Mains Exam will considered for selection of candidate for final merit list.
Golden tips –
- Before applying in any exam check all the details of the examinations.
- First all get familiar with the exam analyze exam pattern.
- SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern:
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
- As negative marking of 0.25 marks
- no sectional cut off in Mains.
SBI PO Mains Important Point
- The level of difficulty will be more as comparison to prelims exam.
- The total number of questions also increased. Mains have 155 Question.
- The total time duration to attempt the exam will be more, in Mains Exam you have 180 Minutes.
- Syllabus is the way to crack the exam
- It is very important that you know Syllabus for the exam.
- Learn the Syllabus & aware of its importance.
- In Mains Exam, the questions on Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, Data Analysis & Interpretation, General Awareness about Banking & English Language.
- the knowledge of the Exam Syllabus will ultimately help in making your preparation stronger.
- Make Notes
- preparing your own notes will help you in memorising basic details.
- If you prepare your notes in your handwriting is going to save your time in the preparation.
- Now you can manage time better.
- Time Management
- those who are appearing for Exams either employed or students.
- So, majority have lack time for preparation of exam.
- Its not important how much time you have the importance is that how you manage it.
- By managing your time, you can utilize it where you are weak
- Give less time to the area where you feel you are strong and easily solve that.
- Previous Year Papers
- Check some of the Previous Year Papers.
- That will give you idea what type of question they asked in examination.
- You will also get to know about the main topics in each exam.
- Practice mock tests
- After managing the time lets practice mock test.
- If you practice a lot of mock test do second step .
- Make a habit of solving questions online because you are going to give your main exam online.
- The more test you take the more chance of success you have.
- Speed & Accuracy is Key to success in ONLINE exam
- After solving Online Mock Tests, you will know the fact that solving tests with speed is very essential.
- Never forget that in the exam there is the negative marking of 0.25
- So don’t solve questions in which you are not confident .
- If you do so you as a result you will lose marks.
- having a good speed is important.
Mains Study Plan week wise
- First start with Financial awareness and Computer Knowledge.
- Then to Reasoning, Quantitative and English.
- Give mock test on 2-3 daily
- Work on Weak areas.
- Make notes that you can revise in the last week
- Give one SBI PO Mains Mock Test each Day
- Don’t study anything new now.
- Revise your own notes.
- Do one Mock Test daily.
- Analyze the test and improve your speed.
Read also :
TOP 5 METHODS TO CRACK EXAM EASILY
- Remove all the distractions
- Study in different spaces
- Breathe – take a long breathe when you feel pressure
- Breaks – take breaks between study it will boost your brain
- Plan your Day that What you are going to do today
Tips for Quantitative Aptitude(MATHS)
- You should learn mathematical formulae on finger tips
- Solve Previous years questions Papers
- Solve mock Test regularly
- Give at least 3 hours to do practice in Maths
- Practice practice practice ……
Maths section is all about calculations
- Tables from 1 to 20 should be learn on finger tips. It will directly help in making faster multiplication
- Practice it everyday will help you to learn formulae and increase your problem solving speed.
- Candidates should practice 1-2 Mock Tests daily.
Quantitative Aptitude Strategy
- This section can takes a majority of time that you saves for all the sections.
- In Quantitative Aptitude section, the students should target a section and try to give correct answer to 25 question.
Tips for the English
- Students underestimate this section but this section play an important role.
- Practice of areas like, phrase replacement, idioms, and phrases, synonyms, and antonyms
- Read books
- Find new word daily
- Solve Mock Tests
- Many students find the grammar section as easiest but
- students have a clear concept on basics of grammar with they they can easily score high.
General Awareness tips
- it comes only with reading but it is a very scoring section
- important topics like banking awareness, history, geography, political science, economics, computer, etc
- revise current affair between 12 months
- they can be prepared with the help of newspapers, apps or books
- try to understand about the event just don’t start cramming the dates
- Focusing on general knowledge questions can give you the edge over all other candidates.
Reasoning Preparation Tips for SBI PO
- play games which require the reasoning intellect
- the students must solve puzzles, the difficult ones
- Candidates should study the top-rated reasoning books
- You know the reasoning section is the easiest one to prepare.
It is the most easiest section but trickiest one. Follow the tips to crack this section.
- This section can be very tricky.
- One has to be patience and good in calculations.
- Take our time analyze the question then answer it.
- 30 questions is good for cracking the exam